I came across this article today that I thought was very on point. I don’t know anything about the person that wrote it, but this is so true, that I couldn’t help but pass it on to my teammates.
6 Characteristics of Professional Network Marketers
1. Show up every day and do what is necessary – They do the WORK even though they may not be in the mood. They take ACTION! Amateurs work when they feel like it.
2. Self-Starter – They don’t need their upline to call and inspire and motivate them. They don’t need their hand held. Amateurs wait for someone to inspire them.
3. Belief in what they are doing and the products and opportunity they represent. Amateurs don’t even use the products they are promoting.
4. Self-Educator – In any industry there is a learning curve. Professionals in any industry learn the ins and outs of their field. They stay up to date with the latest news and training. They are always learning and growing. Amateurs don’t want to be bothered with learning.
5. Responsible – They take responsibility for their own success or failure. They know. “If it is to be, It’s up to ME.” Amateurs blame their failure on the upline, the company, the economy, or a number of other excuses.
6. Invest in their Business – From buying and using products to training, advertising, supplies, etc. They invest time and money in their business. Amateurs don’t spend time or money on their business.
-Article excerpt written by: Melodie Kantner